Are you ready to apply?
All items listed below must be completed and submitted in order for your application to receive full consideration.
1. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
2. STATEMENT OF INTEREST
All applicants are required to submit a personal statement of interest to ASPIRE@ucdenver.edu. Your statement should be approximately one page, typed, single-spaced; please include your name and title at the top of the page. Please write a short statement stating why you want to become a teacher in your district. Please address the following:
• Your educational goals and professional goals
• Your past work experiences in education and other fields
• Why you should be considered for this program
• Lifestyle challenges you anticipate when you enter the program
• What assistance you might need
All applicants are required to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
• Professional certificates
• Educational degrees
• Professional experiences
• Relevant awards, publications, presentations, & achievements
4. CONTRACT/LETTER OF OFFER
All applicants must submit a Contract or Letter of Offer to ASPIRE@ucdenver.edu. Your contract or letter of offer must be signed and dated by you and your current employer. It will also need to verify current employment of 51% or more in your endorsement area.
All applicants are required to submit their official degree conferred transcript from your undergraduate program to email@example.com.
6. PLACE/PRAXIS EXAM RESULTS (or Transcript review verification) All applicants must submit evidence that you are highly qualified to teach in your endorsement area. This includes one of the following:
- Completed Content Review Sheet for your endorsement area (if you are going through the transcript review process)
- Official PLACE/Praxis Score reports.
Important Information: Sending us your PLACE/Praxis Exam Scores
- When you sign up to take your PLACE/Praxis exam, please mark to send your scores to: The University of Colorado Denver - ASPIRE (ALT) - Code: 4936
- If you have already take the official PLACE/Praxis exam and have not sent them to the University, please send your official exam score reports to ASPIRE@ucdenver.edu.
For more information on the PLACE/Praxis exams go to: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/content_tests
For more information in regards to the Content/Endorsement Area Review Sheets go to: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/licensure_addendorsment_info